Pages

Sunday 18 October 2009

Things completed, and not…

Since we last talked (well, I talked you read) I have completed a few projects.

The sock on my head hat: perfect in its’ sloppiness and the colour makes me want to wear it all the time. The pattern is pretty simple and not too boring to knit, although I did stop just before the decreases started for about a week.

18-08-09_0656

(crappy phone photo taken in our old place, The A keeps taking his camera with him so I can’t use it)

Granny square blanket: as big as I wanted it and the colours look great. Useful when our friend came to visit from the UK as she found it a tad chilly at night and we only have one duvet.

15-08-09_2218

Missing Link socks (not completed) a pattern I made up and knit in a wonderful ruby red Patons Sock yarn. These are for The A and I have shown great example of second sock syndrome, the second one is ready for a heel flat but I have shoved it to the bottom of the knitting bag.

04-08-09_2047

Sock in Progress

P1050105

The A wearing said sock (ewww look at the nasty carpet we USED to have)

The Two Tone Shrug is an example that you should not only knit in the round as you forget how to purl properly and end up with a funky looking Stockinette stitch, but fear not, I have re-learnt to purl and am currently knitting up and entirely red Two Tone Shrug with a proper stockinette stitch ‘look’.

P1050127

Still sleeping off winter is the Cobblestone jumper but as my good friend Mitzy Knits says, it will be completed some time after March 2010 ;)

What else? Oh yes! I am steaming ahead with a baby project for a family friend. It’s the Ribbed Baby Jacket (Rav link) I thought she was having a boy, but I was mistaken. I bought a brown alpaca mix wool so to make it more ‘girl friendly’ I will trim the bottom and the sleeves with some red. The mum-to-be has banned all pink so I think it’s just lucky that I thought it was a boy!

Must get back to my knitting now. Next week I shall be starting on the wedding invitations (for real!) so tune in as I get my hot glue gun, printer and sewing machine out after work and cross your fingers that what I have in mind works!

No comments:

Post a Comment