Pages

Friday 27 May 2011

Skin in the land of eternal sun

Having moved to a country that has almost constant and harsher sun, I had to change the products I used on my skin. More spf and in the winter, being better about moisturising as it gets quite dry.

I suffered from acne for most of my teenage years and after going on Accutane and possibly buying enough Proactive to entitle me to shares, it's finally under control. I now end up having to use various types of face wash and face creams to keep my face balanced and though I do get spots still, they aren't as bad as they used to be.

So I thought I would share the products I use and why! (not all are pictured)

1. St Ives Moisturising Olive Cleanser: This is great, I use this about 3 times a week in the morning. It can dry out my skin though so it's actually better in the summer months as it's so hot that I need a little dryness!

2. St Ives Apricot scrub: I think this is a staple for most people. It's a great replacement for the Proactive scrub (The A also uses it. But I didn't tell you that, it would be too metrosexual)

2. Cetaphil: I use this every night. Fantastic for when I run out of make-up remover wipes as it gets EVERYTHING off. Doesn't dry out my skin. And it's cheap!

3. Olay Complete All Day SPF 15: My everyday moisturiser. Light and effective, you can't really ask for more than that can you?

4. Burt's Bees Naturally ageless night cream: Why wrinkle cream? Well I definitely hadn't thought that I would be using it already before 30, but since moving to Australia I figured why not? Constant sun and almost no humidity means that prevention is best way to fight it off. This stuff smells awesome too. The A says that I smell like a berry crumble, which is a good thing I think!

5. Proactive: I still have some in the cupboard for emergencies. The face wash, toner and cream. Last time I used it was last week for a breakout on my chin. So if you are an acne sufferer I would never get rid of whatever works for you, keep some hidden, it may come in use.

No comments:

Post a Comment